Short term lets?

Sarah W

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, mods feel free to move.

My partner has just move to Dublin on a 6 month contract, working in D2. The job is well paid but he has had the summer off so doesn't have a deposit for an apartment at the moment. Where is the best place to look for a short term let (1 bed s/c flat with cooking facilities that accepts credit cards) for 6 weeks or so within 40 mins bus/Luas/Dart/walk of the city centre?

Any suggestions?

How about looking for digs, or a room in house where there is an owner willing to rent. I have sibling doing this Mon to Fri. You get all the comforts of home without any bills etc. The credit card bit I don't get?

Moved from Management Companies forum.

Very few if any will accept credit cards, why the need for this? Asking for this acts as a warning to the agency that there may be cash flow problems.

It may be expensive (but then a 6 month contract probably is anyway), but have you tried Air BnB? I have an apartment on there that I let occasionally, and have had quite a number of queries looking for medium term lettings (It's not something I can do, but some apartment owners may see this as being less hassle and may price accordingly)

Try Dublin 4 shortlets.ie. They accept payment by Credit Card. You'll find them on Daft.ie

Thanks everyone - especially jnh; a room in Blackrock has been booked for the next two weeks via Air BnB :)

Back