shops in Dublin for Hi-fi equipment

P

Protocol

Anybody suggest some shops for hi-fi equipment in Dublin?

I am talking about separates, say €500+.

I don't mean Dixons or PowerCity.

One I know is Cloney Audio in Blackrock.

en

olffsen - but maybe the internet is your best option for yamaha studio speakers etc. only draw back is you won't be able to test out your favourite cher cd beforehand.
it pays to buy quality for this type of thing.

Re: en

Try Peter Dand is Clonskeagh, not sure if he is still there and if I remember had very limited selection. Cloneys have a hifi forum with for sale stuff now, have a look. There are also some good shop in Belfast but have never used them myself.

Re: en

Add to that Peats, but the real reason I post is to advise you to check out www.richersounds.ie.
Much cheaper than here on the Yamaha receiver I was looking at, and only 10 delivery (as they are based in Belfast).

r s

richer sounds hauled ass out of dublin, there was good deals there. bought a technics cd player in there for a great price two years ago, the trip up to the north could be worth it, i presume they have a web page?

hi-fi

I bought mine in Enniskillen recently for £159.

The exact same system in Dublin was 350 euro.

Richer Sounds

just to echo what others have said

Richer Sounds Belfast is about the only option. Peats have a very limited range, as do Dixons. Cloney Audio is pricey (think 800 euro minimum for a system). Read What HiFi magazine etc for ideas. Might be worth ordering Mail-Order from UK if you know what you want.

richersounds in belfast

check the richersounds.ie webpage, its the belfast shop, they deliver to dublin as well.

Re: richersounds in belfast

Was talking to a richer sounds guy in Belfast some time ago, said the music shopd in the south (guitars etc) had a cartel going, and they were into undercutting these guys

dublin music electronics cartel

absolutely, i have been buying all my electronic musical equip. from abroad for the last 2 years, check any shop in dublin and then double check the same items at turnkey.co.uk and thomann.de...the only dublin guy I know that can compare with them orders in bulk from thomann and then resells to end customers at a (small)profit. so its only good if you don't want to deal with scarily efficient german customer service reps.

cartel

sorry those two online shop i mentioned only deal in music making electronics, i'm quite sure they don't do hi fi, defo try richersounds

Re: cartel

Liffey Hifi at Wellington quay beside hapenny bridge

Does anybody in Dublin still do trade ins?? Its about time I had a clear out :)

x music on wellington quay (beside where Richer used to be) do separates.

They also take orders for Richer in Belfast and provide for collections/delivery.

Back