Shopping Around & Negotiate Car Insurance

frasr

Just to show an example of what shopping around for car insurance & asking your current insurer to reduce theirs can make:

Quoted fully comp in most companies over €1000 (some up to €1500 & with €4000 excesses!)

Currently insured with FBD, their renewal quote €830 (including full No Claims Protection Cover, breakdown assist etc)
Best quote (& only quote to beat FBD) I got was from Quinn Direct €680 (not including step back cover & a few extra bits that FBD had)

Have been quiet happy with FBD over the last few years, but rang them about my renewal & by just saying I had a look around, my quote went down to €800, stated that Quinn Direct were €680, straight away it went down to €770, made it sound that I wasn't 100% happy & straight away it dropped to €750. I was happy with that, so accepted.

But it shows how much insurance companies are making if they can drop nearly 10% off their prices that easily.

So shop around & ask for a reduction!

My insurance company every year send me the renewal price way above the market level.Every year i ring them telling them i have a cheaper price from another company.They put me on hold, come back then and tell me not only will they match the other offer they will beat it

Last year i picked a random figure from my head, not going overboard with the price, they undercut it and save me about 300 euro

Back