Shop around

Update August 2006

Hello All,

First of all apologies for my errors, but I was given the wrong advice/explanation by my solicitor to begin with.

What happened was, my husband had to go to a seperate solicitor to mine (free of charge, organised by my solicitor I might add :)). He had to sign papers that he understood the property was being mortgaged by me alone. He got to sign all the papers that concerned the deeds etc just like me, and that was great. So basically the house is ours, the mortgage is mine. Happy days.

The reason I made the post in the start was as the topic states, 'Shop Around' because not every broker knows everything/every possibility.

Without being slammed I would recommend David O'Neill from Simply Mortgages*, he was out of this world and did his very best for us in difficult circumstances. One being my other half has bad credit history.

We are now in our house, and happy as can be. We never thought we would get a mortgage and a home to call our own, but we did!

*Disclaimer
I am not related to/know personally or getting paid - Paranoia seeps through the cracks when you mention someone on this/any forum.

G

Ulster Bank. They were brilliant, and their staff are always so friendly. I am going to change all my accounts over to them. I have dealt with them before (last year) for a personal loan when my own bank would not oblige, infact my old bank wouldn't do anything for me.

Thumbs up for Ulster Bank.

Well done gotsomenow for shopping around. We have just been declinded from BOSI for a mtg of 241000 over 25yrs..we have combined annual salary of €70k (i work part time) we have had a mtg for past 7 years (never missed 1 payment or even late payment) pay all my bills by direct debit, have never missed 1 payment on any loan, and have equity in our house of aprox 230k - WHY???? got a standard call from BOIS on friday saying they were not in a position to offer us this as we did not meet their lending terms and conditions?????????? and their lending terms and conditions were confidential..obviously dont want our business..

So after reading your post im not going to give up hope I am currently with EBS and will definately be shopping around..

Back