Sheriff seized the van,sold it with goods/items inside

user2018

Hello,

Long story short...car seized by Sheriff,as requested by Revenue,business van been seized and stored in a warehouse near Tallaght,as per latest GPS location.
I have since then proactively engaged with Revenue and looks that we will reach some sort of plan,according to my new accountant.
Not looking for blame or pointing fingers,lesson learned.

My main issue here is that since they took the car i had very little communication with their office. Two weeks ago I phoned and been told they will contact the Revenue and let me know what situation is... Last week called again to ask about the status of my car and been told that the car has been sold and they are waiting for some figures... kind of lost my mind !

They haven't contact me for any kind of inventory of my goods,my tools and my customer belonging items. They sold the car without warn me or inform me despite the fact that they said to bring the money to them in 30 days and they will inform / contact the Revenue officer that deals with my case and keep me in the loop for any changes ! ALL phone calls were recorded at all times...

Now,once the car gone,is a business loss and the business will get hit but...my personal goods,my tools that worth thousands and absolutely no ideea the cost or the damage to my business of the end users and customers owned PCs,laptops and documentation / information held in the car at the momnent of seizure.

Searched online and found this:

If the Sheriff/County Registrar does seize your goods, they must, within 24 hours, give you an itemised and signed list of the goods seized. They may then sell the goods by public auction – this can happen at any time from 2 days after the seizures. In practice, you are usually given warning of the impending sale.

Any idea whats going to happen next !?
Is the time to search legal advice !?

Thanks in advance,sorry for messy story...

Contact the Sheriff, put your query calmly, your post varies from mention of a van to mention of a car, be very specific when you make contact, by the sounds of it the vehicle was repossessed and taken without your knowledge, if it was auctioned then it would have been emptied, unfortunately you should have also been on to the party that seized your vehicle not just revenue.

Back