Sharewatch change to ODL Securities

transfer not easy

I have only small holdings in petroceltic, ormonde mining, bank of ireland and independent news and media. I have used the link on sharewatch page to transfer to saxo but have received an email being denied. Can anyone advised me on what to do as I can not get through to sharewatch.

Phoned saxo application declined because i have no time done tradeing with a company?????? Not acceptable that sharewatch can just drop us in it like this . There has to be loads of small or once off traders like myself. Sharewatch phone not working.no alternative. €25 per month will eat into my small investment.
Is taking a sharecert the best option and hope for the future???? Sharewatch advertised as the low cost alternative.
€1000 in inm now worth €57 sharecert €25 .

I have only small holdings in petroceltic, ormonde mining, bank of ireland and independent news and media. I have used the link on sharewatch page to transfer to saxo but have received an email being denied. Can anyone advised me on what to do as I can not get through to sharewatch.

Your account is with FXCM in London, not Sharewatch who is an agent for FXCM. You could try and call 'Customer Services' in FXCM in London. The recently introduced £25 monthly inactivity fee reflects a 13-year bear market which has sapped volumes, and online brokers (FXCM, not ShareWatch) need volumes as their transactions fees are so much lower. No magic answer I'm afraid.

FXCM has a banner advert on my website so subscribers to my website who use FXCM have been similarly affected.

Rory Gillen
Founder
Gillenmarkets.com

THANKS RORY

(1) If i request paper certifacates from FXCM am I the only holder of these certs.(2)If I lost them have i to request directly from the companies that I hold the shares in. (3) Is there any problem with this apart from having to look for a broker to cash them in when I want to sell. (4) any other unforseen circumstances????

Thanks

THANKS RORY

(1) If i request paper certifacates from FXCM am I the only holder of these certs.(2)If I lost them have i to request directly from the companies that I hold the shares in. (3) Is there any problem with this apart from having to look for a broker to cash them in when I want to sell. (4) any other unforseen circumstances????

1) of course 'yes'
2) from the companies registrar 'yes'
3) the companies registrar should be able to do this for you
4) no....dont lose your share certs! :)

I cannot get through on any of the Tel No's provided for the past week as I want to close my account and withdraw money. I need to speak to some person on another matter. I have emailed queries over the last week without reply.

Well don't hold your breath on Sharewatch. I wrote to them a fortnight ago, by reg post and to date, no response. Pity.

Fxcm told me it will take about 3 weeks to process paper certs. Will have to hold my breath till then. This whole transaction has being dealt with very poorly.

Account opening with Saxo took about 3 weeks for me. I have now been told that share transfer will take two to four weeks from when I sent the request (a week ago). I would be raging if FXCM try to charge me for having an account in December or for share transfer.

Last edited:
I've moved to SVS but note that FXCM have charged a fee to move stock, despite telling me that they would not charge. I have taken thsi up with FXCM and Sharewatch. I will report back on hearing from them

Does anyone know or have an opinion if there would be any point in making a complaint to the British Financial Regulator about the way this has been handled by Fxcm. It is impossible to get through on phone/ not responding to emails/ the delay in transferring the account to saxo etc. I sold some shares online but I cannot get their their system to recognise two other symbols of shares which I want to sell. Cannot get them to answer phone or emails. I want to get away from them but I am facing another £25 charge for December because I could not make contact with them to liquidate all and withdraw the cash before the end of this month.

I've moved to SVS but note that FXCM have charged a fee to move stock, despite telling me that they would not charge. I have taken thsi up with FXCM and Sharewatch. I will report back on hearing from them

Wasnt if free if you moved to 'saxo' only??

Smiley: That was the case, but SAXO didn't want me, so I had to make alternative arrangements. I made a complaint to FXCM and they agreed to transfer free of charge. I have written again to them re the charge that they have now applied to my account. However, all is now transferred and SVS have confirmed receipt. Happy days!!!!!!!!!

My transfer of equities and cash is now complete. I have found the staff in 'Saxo' to be very helpful and very fast in replying to emails. :)

Would some poster kindly let me have the Tel No including the code that they have successfully made contact with FXCM.

FXCM phone no.

Would some poster kindly let me have the Tel No including the code that they have successfully made contact with FXCM.

+44 (0)207 903 6100 (the no. on the front page of the website). Its a a couple of weeks ago that I got through - I tried unsuccessfully for a while last Friday evening.

I have also used this no. previously to contact FXCM: +44 (0) 20 7903 6350

Last edited:
Does anyone know or have an opinion if there would be any point in making a complaint to the British Financial Regulator about the way this has been handled by Fxcm.

Don't know, but will find out one way or the other in due course unless my difficulties are resolved soon.

Back