Sharewatch change to ODL Securities

I transferred from Sharedeal to ODL as requested. I bought Bank of Ireland shares under the rights issue and was assured these would be transferred. They weren't and despite numerpous requests all I get is excuses about problems with crest - 3months later! This means I have been unable to trade these shares before they plummetted. Also I found out from Capita Registers that my Ryanair dividend was sent to Sharedeal on 1st Oct. I still haven't received it. Anyone else encounter these problems? Any suggestions? borisbrus

I have only heard about this transition to ODL securities!! I only received a letter from ODL securities this monday to concent to the account transfer and their terms and conditions. Though it was a scam until read about it here. I received no notification by post or emial what so ever!!
Where do I stand now?? Can I still get share certs??

I've been trying to get Eur 74 that they owe me off them for the last seven months. I've never seen such a crowd for giving a run around - it's actually quite funny. they're real good at it. I'm now going to take my complaint formally to the Ombudsman.

Has anyone tried withdrawing money from their ODL trading account since transferring from SW? Their help operators keep directing me to their parent site FXCM (not allowed post the URL yet) and instruct me to put in my ODL account info, but this doesn't work, even after resetting my password. Nobody there seems to know what the problem is so they've instructed me to request withdrawals via e-mail.

If anyone is looking to buy shares i would look at dragon oil for some reason the shares have been going up !!

Hi,

Only just discovered this change over last week.

I used share-watch's small shares services a few times last year. I would deposit money into there bank account then ring up and buy the stock. Great service. Then got the share certs in the post.

My question
Can I no longer do this with sharewatch / ODL ?

If not; with which broker can I now do this?

Also, I know nothing about share's, etc - the share cert's I got from sharewatch last year - when I want to sell them, I just ring up a broker and quote the number??

Complete Beginner !

Thanks

ODL Commission rates.

Hi there I went through this process and all has been fine with ODL. They reply to emails and sort stuff out!

What I have noticed though is their commision rates are quite high...

1-1.5percent trailing, the link is not working now, go to equities and commission and try for the pdf.

So I believe that some of the other uk online brokers just charge a flat fee per trade? If I make a large transaction I am paying a couple of hundred pounds in fees with ODL?

Dynamite,

I think you are looking at the rates for telephone trades as I have done a number of trades over the internet and they have all been charged at 0.3% with a minimum of $15 \ €15.

Just to add on the performance of ODL, they are very good to deal with and provide prompt response and actions to queries. When compared to DSL, they are absolutely streets ahead, now I don't think they are that good, it's just that DSL are that bad.

By the way I still have residual problems with the transfer of dividends that went XD around August\September when shareholdings were being transferred from DSL to ODL. Anyone else with similar experience ? Sharewatch have huffed and puffed on my behalf but have proven to be as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I had a similar problem Munsterbhoy. I was part of a DRIP and the shares were delivered to DSL after all my other holdings had been transferred. I emailed them without any useful response. Eventually I used the online chat to contact ODL and they liaised with DSL and I had the shares in my account within a few days.

dsl were absolutely brutal. It is such a dream noe dealing with odl. they respond to your queries promptly and no horrendous mistakes are made with your money or equities.

Has anyone made a complaint to Regulator or Ombudsman about this whole affair? has there been any outcome?

Today I've discovered that my holdings which were transferred to ODL have been cancelled because sharewatch did forward the certs to ODL. A complete farce from the beginning...

Has anyone tried to contact Direct Share Deal with regards getting share statements or reports?

My accountant has asked me to get these from them but their phone is always engaged.

Did anyone else get an email from odl securities on may 9th saying that they have changed there name to FXCM securities ltd??

Yes; seen that name chnage ... they are shouting it from their home page as well.

The other bit that grabbed my attention in a quick skim (of a letter I got) was paragraph 1.9 "Dormancy fee" of [broken link removed].

has anyone had any joy getting shares returned from sharewatch-fxcm? , I have contacted them and all they say is that it could take a long time for the administrators to allocate shares??? no good to me !

I opted for shares in certificate form and received all of them.
I done some trades with fxcm online and found it trouble free.

has anyone had any joy getting shares returned from sharewatch-fxcm? , I have contacted them and all they say is that it could take a long time for the administrators to allocate shares??? no good to me !

This does not make sense to me.

The transfer of stock from Direct-Share to FXCM took place in August 2010.

Direct sharedeal went into administration in May 2011.

How was it possible for your shares to be Direct-Share deals CREST account for so long after the transfer?

ODL, now FXCM, is an online broker and it is rarely cost-effective for an online broker to offer share certs, Crest option or dividend reinvestment. Nothing unusual in it and if you are wedded to 'Crest' etc then you need to find a broker that offers it - most likely a traditional, higher cost broker.

Rory Gillen

Having started this thread I should update my own position
For a long time I was got nowhere with Sharewatch
After I went to the Regulator
I got my Share Certificates and some time later got the cash in my account

Back