Shared driveway, mutual easement...issues?

lougre

Hi,

My solicitor has gone away for 2 weeks and forwarded me an email from vendor(receivers) solicitor.
It is a draft mutual easement regarding the shared driveway. Basically the receiver and neighbour grant to each other
A: the ability to pass/repass over a yellow part marked in the middle of the driveway
B: the ability for workmen etc to enter to maintain/repair the property etc

the yellow part encompasses a part of our section and theirs evenly. From our POV thats ok.
However the solicitor said its 'far from dealt with' and he needs to have a serious conversation with the other side... in 2 weeks time.

I want to get any info on what could be the problem so we can make an informed decision when he returns... if both parties agree what is the issue?

Thanks

I have one of these with my neighbour, it has never been an issue. I have occasional thoughts of building an extension and it means that I could not build on the part covered by the "easement".

I would also think that a yellow marking is hardly adequate.

Who by the way is "their". How would it be the vendor, or do they own a neighbouring property.

We are buying 1A. The neighbour is 1. The agreement is between the owners of 1&1A.

Not sure why the easement agreement isn't satisfactory if both parties are agreeing to point 1&2. Perhaps there's some elements missing?

I would imagine you'll have to wait the 2 weeks until your solicitor is back to find out OP.

Back