Shared Bank Account

LondonIrish

Hi all,

Just looking for some suggestions on the best way to go about this.

Four siblings want to take over the running costs of an Irish holiday home from aging parents. Only one of the siblings actually lives in Ireland full time. We think that if we each contribute €100/€150per month to a shared account it ought to be enough to cover all the utilities plus a gardener and perhaps even start a sinking fund for maintenance. Three of the four siblings have their own Irish bank accounts but for obvious reasons no one wants to share their personal account access with anyone else. I dont think we want to open a joint account between four people as I imagine that it would an administrative hassle and with two factor authentication often required for online access then how would four people access the same account?

So are there any other products or services out there that might suit us? We all have Revolut cards so I was wondering if there was a function on the app that would allow for something like this? Ideally all four would have authority to make payments from the account but if that is a non-starter from the bank's perspective then can the other three siblings have view-only access?

Ultimately we all trust one another so having one account managed by one person with everyone contributing would be fine but if there was a more transaprent alternative that would be easy to operate I'm open to ideas.

Thanks.

You could just open a joint account with two siblings as account holders. Each sibling should be able to access and make payments from the account. If trust is not an issue then four eyes should be enough. My dad and his siblings have this kind of arrangement and they delegate a lot of the financial stuff to his brother. Ultimately you need one treasurer, it's not efficient to have four people consulted and approve every payment.

Bear in mind if one of you is non resident there may be additional documents required by the bank.

Back