Shanahans on the green

No - because I wouldn't pay €100 for a steak dinner for one in the first place. Too expensive for my tastes.

No doubt you are still eating in an old favourite of yours Romano's in Capel St.

I was back there during the week for lunch. First time in a couple of years. Hasn't changed. Still great value and atmosphere.

Murt

100 euros for a steak dinner, think id stick to a fish supper anywhere when you have had a few. you hardly know what your eating

100 euros for a steak dinner, think id stick to a fish supper anywhere when you have had a few. you hardly know what your eating

Your not suppossed to arrive at Shanahan's 'blitzed'. Although You may by all means leave 'blitzed'.... But by that time you will have already gorged on the most tenderest, succulent piece of beef you are likely to have had. Shanahan's is clearly not for everybody...I suppose the snug feeling of having an extra €100 in your SSIA appeals to some........but to those of us who enjoy some of the finer things in Life the occasional trip into Shanahan's enables you to experience the Kingdom of Heaven for a couples of hours or so.

Morning all....just to report that I had my best ever fillet last night in FXBs on Pembroke St. Small quibble was that it was medium instead of medium-well but just as well as it was sooo succulent. Defo recommend this. Like the note about the SSIA & Shanahans....
Firefly.

On a point of order - Shanahan's do not serve onion rings. They call them springs as they come in a tall spiral shape like a wire spring.

Back