Shanahans on the green

car

dinner for 2, anyone know how much on average? My dad loves his steak so thought meal paid for in shanahans would be a nice xmas gift.

Well the [broken link removed] is €45 p.p. if that's anything to go by? I'd imagine you could at least double that for dinner and wine etc.

Dinner in Shanahans w/wine circa €100-130 each.

But if you are a steak lover nowhere comes close.

Order onion rings just to see what they bring you!.

Ususlly closes for Xmas period though and at all busy times need a number of weeks advance booking.

its nice to buy wayyy over priced.

you can't go wrong with chapter one...easily the best in town. and if he likes his steak, one pico is excellent on them.

if ya want the green, book well in advance and prices are as last chap said, 100e per person without going mad.

Yeah was there a few weeks ago for dinner, at least 100 if not 120 per person if wine is included, such a nice treat for steak lovers!! id reccomend the onion rings just for the size of them also and the creamed sweetcorn mmmmm..

I was there at x-mas time last year - it's worth going to experience once. Service is excellent.

However, the steak was nice but I've had better.

Cost was approx 280 for 2.

You could also try Darwin's on Aungier St.. Not quite the same experience as Shanahan's, but very good steak.

Id recommend Venu www.venu.ie on Annes Lane . Its relatively new, setup by Patrick guilbaud. Food is great, prices are very reasonable and its absolutely more craic than shanahans.

Ive also heard some pretty goof things about Town bar and grill on Dawson street.

FXBs is very nice in Templebar. Ive never been to Shanahans but would recommend the quality of the steak in FX. Lovely onion rings aswell! The sister resturant in Monkstown is also very good. Reasonably priced.

For €100 each I'd be expecting to get something better than onion rings no matter how good they are!

Possibly pointing out the obvious (and as it's a gift possibly no need for it to be used straight away, but just incase)...

Restaurant Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday from 6:00pm
Open for lunch every friday from 12.30 to 2.00 pm
Christmas opening. we close for two weeks please check closer to Christmas time for exact dates.

thanks for the replies, yeah it is a gift so there'll be time enough to use it. I did want the whole experience side of it as well rather then just going for a nice meal (no disrespect to one pico, darwins etc). I mean, most of us like a good steak in a nice restaraunt, but shanahans is a bit beyond most of us for even that.. now where did I put that SSIA again?

Ahhhhhh, Shanahans...............One of my favourites

Rule 1. - Don't order a Starter !..........It will ruin your mains...(believe me......even a fat b'tard like me does'nt need a starter when dining in Shanahans').

Rule 2. Ah Yes the Mains.......Yes Sir, I'll have the New York Strip - rare - (their beef is from their own herd and the cuts quite thick....so rare is rare. If ya don't normally like it to rare best go medium rare.) With that I'll have the creamed spinach, onions rings as like no other and some sauteed potatoes.

Rule 3. If it's just two of you only order one portion of each extra....as there is plently in a portion.

Rule 4. Wine list is Fab but kicks off at €40plus.

Rule 5. Unbuckle the belt, trouser buttons, fly, take off tie, undo top three shirt buttons .....right you're ready........now enjoy !!!

PS.... If the ol'man can't it make for any reason PM me....I'll be ready at 5 mins notice.

It's not enormously sophisticated. Favoured by Fianna Fail builders and the sort of person who liked a big feed of steak. Nothing too fancy to upset them.

Can heartily recommend as the best steak restaurant in Dublin. Many an enjoyable evening. Make sure to have a drink afterwards in the downstairs bar.

Ryans Pub in Ratoath....
oh yes... moved round the corner to it about a year ago, many have been had.

I got the vouchers last night for shanahans. thanks for the tips fatman, I'll pass them on when hes going. Oh, he wouldnt pass on this one... if he does, Im next in line.

No - because I wouldn't pay €100 for a steak dinner for one in the first place. Too expensive for my tastes. But presumably not for others'. Certainly no rip-off though.

Back