SF rating higher than FF in poll

Caveat

Can't remember the poll but it was SF 16% against FF 13%.

We don't want incompetent liars and cronyists to lead the country so instead opt for the hard left political wing of bombers and killers.

God help us.

I think what we need is for SF to go into coalition with Fianna Fail.
That should be the end of them ;)

Indeed. Seems Sinn Fein are successfully making the transition to main stream politics.

Time to bring back the PDs and give the Greens a second chance, maybe?

Imagine Gerry Adams as a potential Minister?? A sad day for those with family who died during the Troubles IMO.

I am sure their brand of North Korean economics will lead to prosperity

It is unlikely that the 16% would be directly result in more seats than FF's 13%, but if it did Gerry Adams would be leader of the opposition in the next parliment.

Don't both FF and FG have their roots from the civil war? People died there too.

SF seem to be the only party worth voting for right now. I'd rather Gerry Adams than the two brians.

We don't want incompetent liars and cronyists to lead the country so instead opt for the hard left political wing of bombers and killers.

God help us.
lets face it, they cant be any worse than the numbskulls thats selling us out at the moment!

Sinn Fein are more used to taking money out of banks than putting it in. I just can't imagine them in charge of finance and justice ministeries. Just look at the performance of Aengus O'Snodaigh outside the Dail last week. Embarrasing.

lets face it, they cant be any worse than the numbskulls thats selling us out at the moment!

FF are a crowd of corrupt, incompetent, arrogant, parish pumping sleveens and it would be hard to find a political party worse than them. But SF have managed that difficult task. I cannot believe that anyone, knowing their history of support for violence and murder would say they're no worse than Fianna Fail. Unfortunately, though, that attitude will probably result in some of that shower getting seats in the next election. People who vote for them should be really ashamed of themselves.

the real murderers are the present government, they are killing any chance this country and its young people will ever have for years to come!

God help us.

In the early 1930s Fianna Fail were hard left and contained bombers and killers. Remember they brought pistols into the Dail when they first took government.
DeValera said in 1921/2 during the treaty debates that he would get a Republic even if he had to wad through blood. In the 1930s DeValera cut the cord with many of the hardliners and became 100% democratic.

Sinn Fein are now following a similar path. They still have the Celtic jersey wearing thug followers but the armani suit wearers are more to the fore.

Don't be surprised if there is a further split a few years down the road within Sinn Fein where the split will occur because of the economic policies rather than the 'national' question.

SF are the party of the underclasses. And with the underclasses becoming even more underclass under FF it is no surprise that they have seen a boost in recent polls.

FF are a crowd of corrupt, incompetent, arrogant, parish pumping sleveens and it would be hard to find a political party worse than them. But SF have managed that difficult task. I cannot believe that anyone, knowing their history of support for violence and murder would say they're no worse than Fianna Fail. Unfortunately, though, that attitude will probably result in some of that shower getting seats in the next election. People who vote for them should be really ashamed of themselves.

Can you blame people for leaning this way, when the present government is nothing but a pack of thieves, liars and grabbers. Sinn Fein do indeed have a history of support for violence and murder, but sure haven't the fellas there at the moment committed one of the greatest crimes of all time and murdered our country! Some people are saying that anyone who voted for Fianna Fail in the last 15 years should be ashamed of themselves, also. I don't think that what you, I or anyone else thinks of it, will sway them away from their views right now in voting for Sinn Fein.

And no, I'm not a Sinn Fein supporter!

SF are the party of the underclasses.

When there was flooding in Ringsend a couple of years ago I believe the local SF counciller was up to his knees in the water helping people whose houses had flooded. Maybe this type of 'on the ground work' will result in SF becoming more popular in traditional working class areas.

Maybe this type of 'on the ground work' will result in SF becoming more popular in traditional working class areas.

I see how SF can be effective at local level. If you had a problem with anti-social behaviour, then a word from a SF councillor would, I assume, be more persuasive that the same intervention from a FF/FG/LAB councillor.

The problem arises when those councillors get elected to the Dail. Then people like Aongus O'Snodaigh and Arthur Morgan are in Leinster House, leaving the village with a vacancy.

Back