setting up as a divorced parent

marylou

Hi everyone
Will be returning to Ireland after a long stint abroad, but this time, divorced and with 2 young kids. Have posted a thread concerning work, but this is about getting myself sorted out financially.
Where do I go to get myself officially "recognised": meaning back on the bureaucratic books? I won't have a job initially, but hopefully will have in some capactity sooner rather than later, so how am I assessed by the relevant departments? What entitlements are there for single parents? I hope to have the deposit for a house on my return, so what effect does having such savings have on the assessment?
If there's anyone who has been in the same position, I'd really appreciate advice in how to get things sorted out. There seems so much to think about, and with work being the priority - and little I can about that do being so far from home - I know there are tons of things I'm not even thinking about.
Much obliged to anyone taking the time to read and advise.
Thanks
Marylou

Kildrought said:
www.revenue.ie - tax and applying for a PPS (if you haven't got one already)

This is incorrect, you need to apply to welfare for a PPS.

Also check out for a lot of info regarding tax, social welfare, employment etc., they also have a section on moving countries which may be useful.

Back