Setting up a Business in Ireland

P

P.Daddy

Hi Y'all,

I am visiting Ireland for one month as i am about to relocated back to the homeland after living in the Australia for years. I am married for two years with one small child and we are all looking to move to Kildare in March. I work as a plumber by trade and have done so for someone else for 10 years in OZ. When i move home i have deceided to put my savings into a business where i am boss. Is it advisable to set up the business as a company or trade as myself. What are the implications and what difference does it make.......any advice is appreciated...

Don't make any major decisions in this regard re business structure etc without first getting proper professional advice, especially as you have been away for 10 years, and the tax and legal systems in this country have changed a lot in the meantime.

In other words, use your month to get a good accountant and some good advice first.

Don't make any major decisions in this regard re business structure etc without first getting proper professional advice, especially as you have been away for 10 years, and the tax and legal systems in this country have changed a lot in the meantime.

In other words, use your month to get a good accountant and some good advice first.

Good advice.

Hi, you should indeed talk to an accountant or tax advisor. However if you need to look into the different implications of starting a business a good place to look is www.cro.ie. They highlight all the requirements to operate as a limited company or about registering yourself if you are getting into business yourself. I personally formed a company recently but used the people at [broken link removed] who also gave good advice and looked after all the paper work. If you are looking at operatign in kildare another helpful website in order to find out about the location is Kildare enterprise board, www.kildareceb.ie. Good luck with the move.

Back