Setting up a bank account in the USA

shipibo

I checked forum, and found this reply. If posted in wrong sub-forum, please move as necessary

I am looking to Setup a bank account in the USA, and wondered did anyone have experience of this, and recommendations that could help me do this

Thank you for reading

Last edited:
I checked forum, and found this reply. If posted in wrong sub-forum, please move as necessary

I am looking to Setup a bank account in the USA, and wondered did anyone have experience of this, and recommendations that could help me do this

Thank you for reading

Do you need an account in the US or a USD account? The former will, I would think, be more difficult

Thanks for the reply,

A US Bank Account

Difficult. Maybe a smaller regional bank might be able to. Or through a European branch of a US bank. But none of the US Banks have personal banking in Ireland I don't think.

Normallt US Banks need sight of the identification documents. And most will require a US address - so unless you have an agent or family in the US you might struggle

A US Bank Account
Why?

The reason for asking is that there may be other USD solutions that are more appropriate.

Also, as EmmDee says, US Banks normally ask to see identification documents. This means that you need to be physically present in the branch of a US bank in order to open an account.

Yeah, why is the key question here.

Why do you need a USD account from a US bank? What is your need that a USD account from a European bank will not suffice?

Difficult. Maybe a smaller regional bank might be able to. Or through a European branch of a US bank. But none of the US Banks have personal banking in Ireland I don't think.

Normallt US Banks need sight of the identification documents. And most will require a US address - so unless you have an agent or family in the US you might struggle

Thanks EmmDee

Appreciate your help

Back