Opening a non - Resident US Bank account.

Tormented

I need to open a non resident US Bank account the reason being is I have clients in the US that will be paying my Irish based business for services I provide in Ireland. I currently use Stripe for this purpose but as the business grows these charges are just too much when you are dealing with tight margins already. The plan would be that I would open the US Bank account and then have my US Clients transfer the payment in to that account, I would then hope to be able to electronically transfer the funds from the US account to my Irish Business Current Account. Is this possible ? How is it set up and does it take long ? would I need a lawyer in the US to do this or can I open the account myself from here in Ireland. If anyone can offer advice I would be very grateful. Thank you.

You don't have to be a US citizen or have an SSN to open a US bank account ... but a bank is allowed to turn down your application. At the very least you will need to turn up in person with acceptable ID and have a US address. See more info here.

Transfermate would be worth looking at, main offices in Kilkenny. They handle large as well as small currency transfers.

Hi RichInSpirit thank you for this information, I did not know about Transfermate, I'll check them out Thanks again:)

Back