Set Election Date January 2011

papervalue

It looks certain now that Ireland bail out will go ahead.

The majority of the population does not now support the gov. The fear factor has been their for a long time and bailout diminshes the gov position apart from all the lies told over the last 2 years.

maybe europe should have a person at every cabinet meeting for life of next gov to keep them in check. someone with experience

I think the budget should now go ahead as planned. nothing to be achieved by dec election

No reason for this gov to continue after feb11.

Them in mid December an election date should be called for Friday 28th January 2011 or Sat 29th or over the two days to allow everyone to vote

Finally now time to end our marraige with this gov, start afresh and turn around every area of society in next 5-10 years. a new approach, a fresh approach. our current gov has baggage we need a new relationship.

Is it time to start to publish minutes of all cabinet meetings

I hope by 31/12/11- Any guarantee above the 100k will be removed and we can rejoin europe as an equal.

The banks will have been merged into strong and weak banks and weak eliminated over shortest time.

A proper gov in place making proper decisions re sale of stat assets, publuc sectior reform, tax reform, socail welfare reform etc

'To protect the interest of the taxpayer'- no gov minister should be allowed to say these words in future- everytime i heard Brian Lenihan say this for the last few years it cost ths state a fortune. Sometimes i wished he was not protecting the taxpayer interest as it would have been a lot cheaper on us the taxpayer

Mr. Cowen interview now on rte on reply to his question that he does not have public support- The dail elects me? not answer to the question the public deserves

Mr. Cowen have some respect for the people of the county and resign.

Saying now last Tuesday- First talk of Bailout?( dogs in street knew some types of talk on last weekend)

They Still dont know the level of drawdown needed- Why not?

Brian Lenihan will be on radio shortly let's count how many times he says "Let's be clear about this" as he dodges another direct question.

If the Government has its way, there wont be an election until mid 2014 at the earliest. The Constitution allows the Government to serve up to 7 years - if they are still around in 18 months time, they'll vote themselves another 2 years.

The language and actions of the Government has made it clear this is the case. On TV yesterday, if you listened closely to the language, Cowen said it was his intention to stay on and impliment the '4 year plan'. All Government spokes people seem to be using careful language suggesting they will still be around for most of the next 4 years and that it is better to have no change of Government during the plan.

The way the Government has done its best to avoid holding Bye-elections is also an indication of their intentions i.e. avoid the polls and stay in power as long as possible.

This government has zero credibility.
One only has to look at the performances of Pat Carey on Prime Time last week and Mary Hanafin on the Week in Politics last night to see they are finished.

Rumours doing the rounds that Greens are going to pull the plug.

Back