Separation, Can i be now considered FTB??

Husssy

In the process of separation from my wife,our previous home was purchased in both our names, house is now for sale. with my share of proceeds can i now purchases my owm home in my name under first time buyer??

Not in these circumstances. If one person remains in the original family home, the other moves out and retains no interest and this is done pursuant to a separation/divorce, the person moving out will be regarded as a ftb in the case of a first acquisition thereafter.

Its in Form SD10A - available on Revenue website.

mf

What if you move out into another property you have previously rented out.....could you buy a FURTHER property as FTB or is the concession designed to get you into a home ?

danash If the house you "previously rented out" was purchased as an investment property you may be entitled to FTB relief according to SD10A if you seperate under a deed/court etc but it would be irrelevant in your case as your PPR would be the "previously rented out" property. FTB relief is only available for PPRs.

I note you may be/are speaking hypothetically.

This is a reality - I am living in the former investment property - I havent claimed any tax reliefs yet on it as we are still dealing with the minutiae. We do have an agreement and it has been my PPR for a year now. The real benefit of FTB is in the stamp duty exemptions - I wouldn't mind picking up an other property at reduced ( or no) stamp duty rates.

Back