Separating the 5-in-1 child vaccinations

A

aBitTooFar

Does anyone know a doctor in the Dublin area who will give separate vaccinations for the 2, 4 & 6 month jabs. I would like to exclude whooping cough vaccination, from the 5 vaccinations that are typically given at the one consultation at ages 2, 4 and 6 months. I feel my daughter had a reaction to her first jab and my own doctor wont oblige.

Thanks!

Separate Jabs

Hi ... I think you have been mis-treated by your doctor. He/she probably did not give you enough information regarding the vaccine or properly address your concerns about possible side effects. That being said, what made you think it was the whooping cough part of the vaccine that your daughter reacted to? Did you take the child back to the doctor following the reaction to be examined?
In my own case my daughter had a reaction to the 4 in 1 ... but my paediatrician explained the possible side effects in great detail prior to giving the jab so I knew what to expect. She also mentioned that an adverse reaction to the first injection is a good indication that the body is producing antibodies against the disease and subsequent reactions are less likely with booster jabs.
If I were in your shoes, I would contact my gp again and ask him/her to take you a little more seriously ... and possibly do a blood test to assess your childs resistance to whooping cough. If you are not successful I would suggest contacting the public health doctor/nurse in your local health center.

Back