Semi D Regulations Vs Terrace

Kendr

I'm sure it's been asked but, but is an extended semi D, where walls now touch neighbour's similar extension a terrace?

Can't find a legal definition anywhere. Need it in relation to SEAI insulation grant.

So; A semi detached gets a garage conversion and over garage bedroom. Neighbour (garage side) does same. Roof of each house does not touch. It is not a row of terraced homes, it is a row of semi D. There is no side passage between either. But they began life as a semi with garages, and along road, neighbours garages all touch.

Maybe a planning person can reference a document somewhere?

Thanks.

It's an interesting question in that there is attachment on garage to garage. But if gables are not "one" I would think SD still holds.

When advertised for sale by EA they are referred to as semi detached.

Yes, all sales refer to Semi D. It just intrigues me that no planning/building reg seems readily available on this. Yet, it is a crucial determiner in regards to LPT and SEAI grants among other things.

Yes, all sales refer to Semi D. It just intrigues me that no planning/building reg seems readily available on this. Yet, it is a crucial determiner in regards to LPT and SEAI grants among other things.

Not sure how it's crucial in terms of LPT. At the end of the day, LPT is based on value of the property - regardess of terraced or semi-d?

As regards SEAI grant, I'd imagine the only grant that this would have some bearing on would be external insulation? If it was classified as a semi-d, would it be physically possible to apply external insulation to the gable wall? i.e. is there enough space?

If not, wouldn't the grant have to be based on a terraced property - as otherwise, they wouldn't fund a partial application of external insulation to a semi-d?

Using the online revenue price guide you are asked to include type of property, and affects said value, if one's to believe property pages.

https://lpt.revenue.ie/lpt-web/valuation-guide/index.htm

Thanks, but that's not what I was asking.

Serotoninsid, you may be right. Yes there is some side wall. Still odd there's no definition and we hear/use these terms all the time.

Back