Selling to county council

I’m currently going through this process with FCC who are also ignoring my emails. It’s shocking especially considering it’s in the minister for housing council. Have FCC made you an offer ? Is it even sale agreed ?
no offer 6 months in and 3 days away from end of lease. they replied yesterday and advised acquisition team are still reviewing valuation report and survey which they did 7 weeks ago. I told them they had until close of business Friday or a mother and her 4 children will be arriving to FCC offices for accommodation as I am not willing to be left hanging any longer. I would sooner sell on open market now. if they can't make an offer in 6 months I worry about how long it would take to close a sale.

no offer 6 months in and 3 days away from end of lease. they replied yesterday and advised acquisition team are still reviewing valuation report and survey which they did 7 weeks ago. I told them they had until close of business Friday or a mother and her 4 children will be arriving to FCC offices for accommodation as I am not willing to be left hanging any longer. I would sooner sell on open market now. if they can't make an offer in 6 months I worry about how long it would take to close a sale.
They declined my application after survey and valuation reports, however after pressure from a TD they are now reconsidering if a fire safety audit is carried out of property. This is despite surveyor saying nothing wrong with property and to remain in situ also. I feel they are deliberately making things difficult for landlords hoping they will pull out

They declined my application after survey and valuation reports, however after pressure from a TD they are now reconsidering if a fire safety audit is carried out of property. This is despite surveyor saying nothing wrong with property and to remain in situ also. I feel they are deliberately making things difficult for landlords hoping they will pull out
how long after survey did they decline to purchase? this is my fear and at this point I will have a tenant overholding and be in a worse situation

This was my fear also. So I called them and asked them to sign or find accommodation for tenant. They signed the next day and closed 3 weeks late approx. I wouldn't advise you to do this unless you are prepared to follow through with it.

This was my fear also. So I called them and asked them to sign or find accommodation for tenant. They signed the next day and closed 3 weeks late approx. I wouldn't advise you to do this unless you are prepared to follow through with it.
if I even got to the point of agreeing a purchase price I can wait for the sale to go through. If we have used the 6 months of the tenants notice going down a pointless road it is beyond frustrating. Tenant is due to vacate but told me she was advised to stay put by independent surveyor from FCC.

I'm in the process of selling to FCC. I found them very organised, very fast with replies. All the delays have been on my side. Pepper were months sending out the deeds.

if I even got to the point of agreeing a purchase price I can wait for the sale to go through. If we have used the 6 months of the tenants notice going down a pointless road it is beyond frustrating. Tenant is due to vacate but told me she was advised to stay put by independent surveyor from FCC.
Did you get a response from FCC today? It was approx 6 weeks after surveyor report, they are now reconsidering so we will see. Local TDs well aware of how difficult FCC are dealing with this scheme and are requesting a meeting with CEO

Did you get a response from FCC today? It was approx 6 weeks after surveyor report, they are now reconsidering so we will see. Local TDs well aware of how difficult FCC are dealing with this scheme and are requesting a meeting with CEO
we got a call at 3pm Friday offering lowest market value. I will respond Monday and see if their is room for negotiation

god knows how long sale will take to go through, but at least we will have rent until sales go through.

we got a call at 3pm Friday offering lowest market value. I will respond Monday and see if their is room for negotiation

god knows how long sale will take to go through, but at least we will have rent until sales go through.
Keep us updated on how you get on. FCC are an absolute nightmare to deal with

Did they increase their offer?

i got them up €2k which will go towards my legal fees. I estimated with no estate agent fees, no money spent on refresh before I would put it on open market and rent until the day the sale goes through I am hitting top market value if not a bit more.

i got them up €2k which will go towards my legal fees. I estimated with no estate agent fees, no money spent on refresh before I would put it on open market and rent until the day the sale goes through I am hitting top market value if not a bit more.
That’s great, did they give an estimated date the sale will be finalised?

That’s great, did they give an estimated date the sale will be finalised?
no I was just passed on the solicitor details of FCC to give to my solicitor. I presume it will take 3-6 months depending how quickly they work. I know my solicitor will be quick at closing I doubt the one for FCC will be.

I'm waiting for SDCC to give a closing date, responded to their pre contract enquires nearly four weeks ago and nothing since. It's just the time it takes for the council to come back to you
Hi Delboy just wondering have you closed yet ,

I went into Wexford Coco and asked about buying a house I was letting but they said unless tenant is on HAP they've no interest. Have sent numerous emails to housing section but they rarely respond (it's a 2 bed semid D house built in 2008)

I went into Wexford Coco and asked about buying a house I was letting but they said unless tenant is on HAP they've no interest. Have sent numerous emails to housing section but they rarely respond (it's a 2 bed semid D house built in 2008)
Chase them, unless the tenant is on a massive income they are obliged to pass on details of the CRIS scheme to the Land Agency who may consider the property for cost rental tenant in situ scheme. See here

House in Arklow empty a few months now.

WW CoCo have offered me 262 compared to 275
Seems ok for the market.

I assume if / once I accept things will move quick enough

Bought new by me, no changes.

Have been told this is a BAFO so no haggling.

Anything to watch out for?
Barring issues I assume this will go quick enough
No chanins
Council in funds etc.

Hi.

I'm in the process of selling my house to council.

Contacted them in October after I gave notice to HAP Tennant.
Very slow in terms of communication from the council.. when you email them you get no reply and when you phone them usual reply is the person you need us not available.

Anyhow things started to move in Dec and the council sent an engineer to inspect house and also a second person to value the house.

In early Feb they offered 10k below what I had it valued at.

I have not accepted and asked them to improve offer. I haven't heard anything since.

Back