Selling to county council

Just to update, the Council sighed Contract for Sale last week with closing date next week. Almost done.
I just accepted an offer from SDCC , tenant in situ scheme . Waiting on deeds to go to solicitor so they can send contract to council . Can I ask how long it took from your solicitor issuing the contract to the council to you getting a closing date ?

I just accepted an offer from SDCC , tenant in situ scheme . Waiting on deeds to go to solicitor so they can send contract to council . Can I ask how long it took from your solicitor issuing the contract to the council to you getting a closing date ?
can I ask was you offer market value where you able to negotiate it?

I'd say about 3 months.
There was a lot of back and forth with the Council looking for more details.

Thanks everyone for the information in these posts. It's been helpful to read through them.
Staring the process now with FCC. Notice to tenants has run out since Oct but they are finding it difficult to source a property.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the information in these posts. It's been helpful to read through them.
Staring the process now with FCC. Notice to tenants has run out since Oct but they are finding it difficult to source a property.
hi Cathy you were happy to note force the evection notice? Is tenant on HAP are you still being paid rent?

Not happy but I understand. I wouldn't be happy to force eviction on anyone especially as they have been good tenants and rent paid on time for 11years. Not HAP.

I started the process at the end of August 2023 to Fingal Co Co. As of today I am still not even through the assessment stage. Like I understand the council are busy but it really is taking too long. Is there anything that can be done to hurry things along?

I started the process at the end of August 2023 to Fingal Co Co. As of today I am still not even through the assessment stage. Like I understand the council are busy but it really is taking too long. Is there anything that can be done to hurry things along?
I started with FCC early July, assessment was done 3 weeks ago and still no offer ( I was told it would be 5 weeks from assessment date). I call weekly and am told the application is progressing with a senior manager, lease ends Dec 16th so I suspect it will be closer to that date when negotiations begin. Is there a current tenant in your property, when does lease expire?

Yes I have a HAP tenant and the NTQ date is February. I applied nearly two months after you so at that rate the assessment part for me won't conclude until after Xmas.

My tenant is due to vacate the property in 25 days and still no update from FCC re tenant in situ scheme. I think this is grossly unfair to landlord if they need to push ahead with end of lease if no deal can be struck and to the tenant who is left waiting on a decision.

I have called FCC for an update and they do not answers calls, email response time is about a week I did email Tuesday for an update no response yet. I understand FCC are inundated with applications for this scheme but surely 30 days before lease ends they should be in negotiations with landlord for purchase or indeed have rejected the purchase.

I'm waiting for SDCC to give a closing date, responded to their pre contract enquires nearly four weeks ago and nothing since. It's just the time it takes for the council to come back to you

My tenant is due to vacate the property in 25 days and still no update from FCC re tenant in situ scheme. I think this is grossly unfair to landlord if they need to push ahead with end of lease if no deal can be struck and to the tenant who is left waiting on a decision.

I have called FCC for an update and they do not answers calls, email response time is about a week I did email Tuesday for an update no response yet. I understand FCC are inundated with applications for this scheme but surely 30 days before lease ends they should be in negotiations with landlord for purchase or indeed have rejected the purchase.
Spoke to someone recently who sold to DCC but said the process was extremely slow. When the NoT date was looming, the tenant was very worried and contacted a local TD who wrote to the council. Landlord said it definitely helped to speed things up.

we are 16 days until we reach RTB notice. I called FCC this morning finally got through after a 30 minute wait and was assured I would have an email today, I don't expect to receive anything. I think they just wanted me off the phone.

I will ask the tenant to put some pressure on her end, to see if that helps.

we are 16 days until we reach RTB notice. I called FCC this morning finally got through after a 30 minute wait and was assured I would have an email today, I don't expect to receive anything. I think they just wanted me off the phone.

I will ask the tenant to put some pressure on her end, to see if that helps.
Have you even had a valuer and surveyor from FCC out yet?

Have you even had a valuer and surveyor from FCC out yet?
yes this was done 7 weeks ago today! FCC are ghosting all my emails and if I call FCC and wait 40 mins I get to speak to a reception person who promises to pass on my message to house acquisitions. tenant is due to vacate this weekend.

also tenant told me she was advised by the surveyor not to vacate the property if 16th Dec comes and she has not update from FCC.

:mad:

also tenant told me she was advised by the surveyor not to vacate the property if 16th Dec comes and she has not update from FCC.

:mad:
I’m currently going through this process with FCC who are also ignoring my emails. It’s shocking especially considering it’s in the minister for housing council. Have FCC made you an offer ? Is it even sale agreed ?

Back