Selling to county council

I started process in February. Just waiting on SDCC solicitor to sign who don't seem to be any hurry...

Started end June 2023
Update on my application for tenant in situ purchase through FCC. Tenant was called to a meeting last month by FCC, asking if she wanted to stay in the property if they purchase, to which she agreed. FCC then inspected the property they did not inform myself or the tenant on this it was a random check, inspector just walked the property and did not get into any detail. I was email on Friday to expect a call from a surveyors and valuer appointed by FCC to inspect the property again. Notice for tenant is mid Dec. Is anyone else further along in the process yet?

Has anyone offered their house to the Council whilst also generally on the market? Just wondering how this operates vis-a-vis the estate agent if the Council offers more? We are about to go to market with our house but would also consider offering to Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co Co.

Still waiting on the Councils solicitor to sigh contracts. All requirements done on my side for a couple of months now. Think they are pulling my leg at this stage.

Still waiting on the Councils solicitor to sigh contracts. All requirements done on my side for a couple of months now. Think they are pulling my leg at this stage.
Holly are you now past the RTB notice date?

My application with FCC - valuer and surveyor came to view apartment together last week, they said offer will be made in the next 1-5 weeks if they proceed, RTB notice expires end of Jan. they seem to be doing it different with each application

Last edited:
Yes, by over a month now
I'm in the same boat as yourself, contracts issued to SDCC, three weeks ago and radio silence since. Luckily enough they are still paying the hap each month. I'm just wondering do you have any contact details for SDCC in relation to the contracts?

I'm in the same boat as yourself, contracts issued to SDCC, three weeks ago and radio silence since. Luckily enough they are still paying the hap each month. I'm just wondering do you have any contact details for SDCC in relation to the contracts?
If you call there main line and ask for Housing Procurement Office they will give you an update.

Ah good stuff, the council have come back with pre contract enquires for my Property so hopefully it be done soon enough.

Ah good stuff, the council have come back with pre contract enquires for my Property so hopefully it be done soon enough.
Delboy have you been made an offer by the council ? My property was inspected again 20th Oct was advised further contact in 1-5 weeks ( nothing yet). My only issue if this doesn't work out tenant has not looked for alternative accommodation and notice date is mid December.

Delboy have you been made an offer by the council ? My property was inspected again 20th Oct was advised further contact in 1-5 weeks ( nothing yet). My only issue if this doesn't work out tenant has not looked for alternative accommodation and notice date is mid December.
Offer was made and accepted in July. Council are buying property with tenant in situ so.didnt enforce the notice to quit. Just waiting on them to sign the contract and get a closing date. These things usually take 4 to 6months. You could contact the housing section or the housing procurement section of the council you are dealing they are usually very good on the phone

Offer was made and accepted in July. Council are buying property with tenant in situ so.didnt enforce the notice to quit. Just waiting on them to sign the contract and get a closing date. These things usually take 4 to 6months. You could contact the housing section or the housing procurement section of the council you are dealing they are usually very good on the phone
thanks same situation here, process started end of June we just seem to be slow to get to the stage of an offer on the property from council. Meanwhile the tenant is not looking for alternative accommodation if this doesn't work out

Back