Selling stuff from China

Q

Qingdao

Hi,

I'm living in China and think there must be a market in Ireland for lots of the oriental style silk products and other bits and pieces that can be bought here .

How would i go about finding a retailer who could sell these things for me after i sent them back from china. Basically I want a partner in Ireland who would sell the stuff i send from China and split any profit made. I'd be happy to send some samples to any interested parties.

I'm not from a business background so am not sure where to start. do you know of any message boards used by these kind of businesses or small traders?

thanks

I have a contact in China, thought about doing the same thing. You really need a distributer who is prepared to move the product for you. We imported some products but found the distributor network very hard to crack, remember they already have contacts in China.

If you can find a distributor, I'd say go for it, otherwise its a much bigger task than initial investigation would suggest.

Good luck.

selling good stuff

If you could sell the cars made in China -VW-you would be a millionaire within a very short time.They cost here about twice as much as in your country.

Re: selling good stuff

Why not do it yourself via ebay?

Re: selling good stuff

Qingdoa,

You have Private message.....

Digi

Re: selling good (and bad) stuff from China

Thanks for the replys.

I'm not looking to start a proper business just yet, but think there is an opportunity there to sell some things to supplement my (small) chinese income. So i'm not really ready to outlay too much capital just yet.

My basic idea was to post boxes of some item back to ireland and get someone there to sell it, or bring a suitcase of stuff home and try and sell it myself.

so a pretty small experiment at first to see if it can be done...and then ..who knows.

Back