Selling Protected Structure Advice Needed

ophelia2

Hi folks

I would be grateful for advice on the following

Myself and my sister have been left our late aunts house in her will, the house is approx 1860 and is a protected structure but not in great condition, we are now looking to sell the house as we are facing a large tax bill on the house.

My issue is this, before my aunt passed away she made some adjustments to the house, converted two small unit bathrooms into one larger bathroom downstairs and also removed and replaced a back door to the house which had rotten through with a new basic door, the rest of the house is in its condition as when she bought it (I think) it looks untouched albeit not in great condition. From reading online she should have got planning for replacing the door and also the bathroom, I am very concerned that as she hadn’t we will not sell this house easily.

Similar Houses in the vicinity are going for approx 800000 but they are in better condition than aunts house.

From reading above do you think this house will be very hard to sell and also will we still get a decent price for it taking into account the non planning app work my aunt did? I’m very concerned with revenue tax bill looming.

I’ve read about planning retention but how does one do that on let’s say a door that’s been removed? As all I remember about old door was that it was completely rotten through and unsafe.

Very grateful for any thoughts.

Back