Selling old laptop- where to buy new?

S

shnaek

Hi guys. I am seeking to sell my old p2 dell latitude laptop and upgrade to either a new pc or a new laptop. Where would you recommend to look for a laptop online, or a pc box (no monitor or keyboard) which would be reliable and good value? I have to upgrade as I am using .net now and it is heavy on pc resources.
Cheers for the help.

for low end laptops , dell
for top spec laptops try lidl (targa) or aldi (gericom)
both offer great specs at really good prices.
i have a targe xp-210 bought from lidl some months ago and am very happy with it. at the time it was a toss up between that and a fujitsu amilo. i went for the targa as it retailed with a better spec than i could buy on the fujitsu wholesale.
i was quite amused when i put it side by side with a friends fujitsu to find out that it has an almost identical chassis which means that they are both made in the same factory, albeit with some different specs . (targa is better)

Ta for that. It is interesting hearing what ye are saying about the lidl and aldi laptops as I had always been a bit suspicious of them.

dont be too suspicious. the internals are all top brands and anyway most laptops are made in just a couple of factories, regardless of how they are sold. when i bought mine they (lidl) were very particular about getting me to complete the 2 year warranty tick off a checklist to check all was in order before they would hand over the laptop. if it goes wrong however, i would not expect the people in the shop to be able to help. that said, its not much different from buying online.

Back