Selling my rental property in Raheny Dublin

stella

Hello,

I am putting my rental property on the market now. The house is currently been rented by the same tenant for 9 years. I will be shortly contacting agents to sell the house. My questions are:
- what to consider to select a good agent?
- the house needs some TLC , is it possible to sell the house with a tenant still on the premises?

Thanks a lot

I would not think that the sale would be helped by a tenant still on the premises. Considering the current environment, I would say some would be wary that the renter would not leave.
Looking for an EA, I looked at their rate, their valuation of the property, the way they presented themselves, the questions they asked, the documentation they sent and how prompt they were in contact, and their current ads online (pictures, the information given...)

If an agent has been in business for a number of years, they are probably good at something. Some agents, usually the larger ones, are focussed on getting the sale, others on maximising the price. If your house is similar to a hundred others then you probably want the busiest agent in the area. If your house has something particular about it, either good or bad, a smaller agent might devote more time to either minimising the problem, or maximising the potential.

If the tenant is leaving soon. I would definitely wait until they have moved, then paint.

I doubt any bank with give a potential purchaser a mortgage with a tenant in situ.

So you are left with a very limited pool of potential purchasers, which will inevitably reduce the achievable price.

I think you really need to concentrate on securing vacant possession.

Which, unfortunately, might be a very long process.

Back