Selling my car privately

KOW

How long is a piece of string. But those in the know I have a 2020 Skoda Kodiaq that I want to sell. If I was to put up on Carzone or Done Deal a few grand less than what dealers are asking would it be hard to sell. Full main dealer history remainder of warrantly etc.
My feeling is that in that price range most people are trading in or want to go with dealer?

How long is a piece of string. But those in the know I have a 2020 Skoda Kodiaq that I want to sell. If I was to put up on Carzone or Done Deal a few grand less than what dealers are asking would it be hard to sell. Full main dealer history remainder of warrantly etc.
My feeling is that in that price range most people are trading in or want to go with dealer?
Why are you selling?

If you price it appropriately, you might interest a dealer who would know of a likely customer.

You could also contact dealers directly. I got what I felt was a reasonable price from thecarcentre.ie It’s in Mayo but it was worth the trip for what they were prepared to pay over and above any Dublin garages I contacted.

You might also consider a car auction (e.g. Merlin). If it didn’t meet your reserve you wouldn’t be too much out of pocket.

Reactions: KOW
If you price it appropriately, you might interest a dealer who would know of a likely customer.

You could also contact dealers directly. I got what I felt was a reasonable price from thecarcentre.ie It’s in Mayo but it was worth the trip for what they were prepared to pay over and above any Dublin garages I contacted.

You might also consider a car auction (e.g. Merlin). If it didn’t meet your reserve you wouldn’t be too much out of pocket.
Thanks followed up on that/ filled out details online.

Thanks followed up on that/ filled out details online.
Best of luck with that.

My car is worth about half of yours. They subsequently listed it for about 3500 more than they gave me but I don’t know how much they ultimately got for it.

I may have got more from selling it myself on Carzone but I didn’t fancy the hassle that goes with it.

My dad was in a similar position last year.

Approached a dealer and asked for a price. He was happy and went it.

No harm in asking the kodiaq is a popular car and the dealers are struggling to get decent stock

Reactions: KOW
Zu Car (Part of Joe Duffy group) also buy cars https://www.zucar.ie/we-buy-cars

But the best place will be the garage you bought it from. - Most garages will buy cars less than 3 years old as there's a strong market out there
That wasn’t my experience. The ford garage it was bought in actually offered the least (5000 less than I eventually got) Zucar was better but not by an awful lot.

Back