Selling House Privatley Looking for Tips

car29

Just looking for some tips / advice I currently have our house up on Daft for sale privatley have had plenty of web viewings but no enquires as of yet, I have it well priced to sell after doing extensive market research comparing simular property's also re decorated and have plenty of photographs online also, just wondering if anybody has sold recently and have any tips / advice to improve my prospects of at least a viewing, and am I forgetting something.

Thanks

Would you consider an open day on perhaps a Saturday or Sunday. Potential buyers may be put off by viewing the house with the homeowner there. They might feel they can't openly discuss/criticise the house in front of you. However, by having an open day, it would be easier for them to walk around freely without feeling you were right next to them hanging on their every word.

Might also be a good idea to put highlight that you are available for viewings early morning, during lunch or in the evening. I believe most people won't be anxious to take time off work at the moment!

Good Luck.

Hi Lorz,

Thanks for the tips, a open day is a great idea might look into this further, I have contact us anytime on the ad but I will amend this to say viewings available anytime.

Thanks again

I would put 'Offers welcome' or something to show you are willing to negotiate.

Dress the house to make it look like a show house, lots of fancy bedlinen and lamps and prints on the walls candles. Get a self storage unit and put as much of your own stuff away. Get proper photos done. I think we spent about €200 on the photos and about €800 buying the sort of crap you see in a show houses.

We had 28 viewings and 1 offer(which we accepted). From our point of view it was money well spent. The estate agent was amazed at how much interest we had in our house. There is so much choice out there for buyers you need to catch peoples eye's with the photos.

Think carefully about what you are writing on daft. People are starting read all this stuff.

Best of luck-

Get some brochures printed up to give out to people who view. With the agreement of your solicitor, put something in the brochures along the lines that "solicitor X [ad contact details] is acting on behalf of the vendor etc.". People subconsciously tend to forget that all that is missing from the potential transaction is a smarmy EA who is taking a cut - that the legal stuff, which is the important stuff, will still be done by a reputable solicitor.

Back