Selling house myself (without estate agent)

snatch

I am putting my house on the market in the next month and am considering trying to sell it myself rather than engage the services of an estate agent. I have three agents coming to value the house next week but will probably take it from there myself and advertise in local press.

Any experiences, advice, pitfalls to look out for?

snatch said:
I am putting my house on the market in the next month and am considering trying to sell it myself rather than engage the services of an estate agent. I have three agents coming to value the house next week but will probably take it from there myself and advertise in local press.

Any experiences, advice, pitfalls to look out for?

i think you should check daft.ie.

The site claims to be
Ireland's biggest property website and has been providing low cost online advertising to Irish estate agencies, landlords, homeowners and tenants since 1997

I seriously considered selling myself also. However to avoid hassle I went with an auctioneer in the end. I am delighted that I did. The council ended up buying it and paid way more than I could have hoped. I doubt very much that the council would have bought from a private seller as I imagine that they just accesss the auctioneers websites. Also bear in mind that you can't advertise on myhome.ie if you sell it yourself.

Back