Selling House - Energy regulations

turtle77

Hi,
I'm looking to sell my house sometime in next 6-9 months.
It seems if we wait until the new year, we need to prove that the house is up to standard regarding the new Energy regulations.
Will it be difficult to get an audit?

Our house is a fully terraced house built in 2001

As far as I understood the situation the Irish energy audit would be the showing/presenting of the last few fuel/electricity bills. Our education system is too incompetent to produce energy auditors, so don't worry too much about it. Any potential buyer could easily buffled -with a few missing oil bills- about the low energy demand.
At the moment there are only two energy audit courses offered to students (Dublin/Cork) and it'll take a time until these students are available for the market.

You dont have to concern yourself with the new energy rating system. It will only apply initially (until 2009) to new houses. Furthermore, even with new houses, any dwelling which has planning applied for prior to 1 July 2006 will be exempt.

As far as I understood the situation the Irish energy audit would be the showing/presenting of the last few fuel/electricity bills.
heinbloed - your usually responsible for very good info...what the hells this then!

At the moment there are only two energy audit courses offered to students (Dublin/Cork) and it'll take a time until these students are available for the market.
There are a number of providers of such courses in those places but said courses are also offered at other centres periodically.
That said, none of these would allow anyone to become a registered SEI energy assessor. My understanding is that courses will be available from November onwards. Theres going to be any amount of assessors (read..too many) trained up to carry out the audits, dont worry.

[broken link removed]

Back