Selling furniture from house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boredinisolatio

So I’m selling my parents house (4K sq ft) which has lots of furniture especially side tables, coffee tables, rugs, sideboards etc. There are lots of nice pieces but how do I get rid of them once house is sold (assuming the new buyers don’t want them)
Thanks

Hi thanks for reply storage is my prob so hopefully I’ll have time to put them up on done deal etc before buyers move in

Any companies near you that do house clearance? I know locally where I am there is one that will buy whole contents of houses like this, obviously you don't get a great deal but it's a pain selling stuff in bits and pieces online I find!

Bad time to have callers coming to house to collect furniture in light of Covid :(

Donedeal and other sites are notorious for time wasters who initially appear interested and then don't turn up.

Any companies near you that do house clearance?

If there is, I would say go for it.

Had to clear a house recently, got less than €300 for an entire house contents on adverts / donedeal etc.

A lot of hassle, meeting people etc, We had to give most away as freebies, but that was cheaper than skips.

To my surprise even charity shops were not interested in perfectly usable furniture unless I could bring it to them.

I was also turned away from a few charity shops who could not take any more good clothes, nice ornaments etc.

National Council for the Blind do house clearances in some counties.
[broken link removed]

Depending too on where you are the local FB selling page might be better than Donedeal and similar, fine for big cities where you have lots of potential customers but in smaller towns local FB pages do better I think. I have had far more success selling stuff on FB than elsewhere but even at that it's a slog.

I've seen some folks put the contents on the street with free to take away signs on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back