Selling family home before 5 year planning condition

lfcfan

I was hoping to get some advice on this before I go looking in to my options so I have an idea of what I can expect. Myself and my (ex) wife built our house in 2007 and one of the conditions was that we couldn't sell within 5 years because it was built as the family home. As we are now separated and she no longer lives with me, I'm wondering would it be possible to get past this condition? It would kill me to sell (if I was even able to with the market as it is) because it's on family land but I just don't see any other option. Has anyone any experience with this? Thanks!

Hi

You have only a year to wait so perhaps it might be best to wait it out.

There were posts from a few months back on the use of restrictive conditions.

Here is one of mine from August 2011 which I hope sheds some light on your position.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matter at hand.

Thanks for the info. I'm just looking in to it all at the moment but if by some miracle someone did want to buy the house before the 5 years were up it would be a pain if it fell through because of this restriction!!

Back