Selling an Apartment with a Dealing Number as no title deeds ready from Land reg?

power1

I bought a new duplex apartment nearly 2 years ago and went sale agreed last month. My solicitor informed me that the title deeds are with the land registry as it can take up to 24 months for them to process new developments of apartments and that he can't issue contracts without the title deeds which wont be available until the end of November at the earliest.

I contacted the land registry and have the dealing number which they said can be used to sell the property however when i contacted my solicitor he again said that I needed the deeds, however I don't understand the delay as other duplexs have sold over the past year and they wouldn't have had the deeds either according to the land registry

Does anyone have any advice?

change your sols........ i sold a house 3 yrs after i bought it and the file that was originally ment to go to the land registry was still sitting in the sols office all that time. no problems occured

Yes property is frequently sold without the seller being fully registered. The dealing number is inserted in the contracts where the folio would oherwise be. Your solicitor will give an undertaking to furnish the purchaser with Land Cert etc when same becomes available. Speak to your solicitor again. This is not a big propblem at all and happens frequently. If he won't help you change soliciotrs. You don't waqnt to loose a buyer over this....

Back