Selling an affordable house

Thanks for that Brooklyn. Does that mean that the amendment that was being drafted for allowing the remortgage option in the Residential Tenancies Bill (not sure if thats the exact name) is now cancelled? I cant keep up anymore!!

Very interesting but wouldn't hold my breath :p

Forgot to post this before Christmas:

Question No. 214
To the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government:

To ask the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government if he will review Section 99 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 and Section 10 of the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2002 pertaining to the clawback provision for affordable housing in view of the property crisis and the effects of the provision on those who bought affordable homes between the years 2004 and 2008..
- Alex White.

For WRITTEN answer on Thursday, 15th December, 2011.

Ref No: 40485/11

Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government (Mr. P. Hogan)

As announced in the Government’s Housing Policy Statement published on 16 June 2011, all affordable housing schemes, including shared ownership, have been stood down in the context of a full review of Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000. The review will commence in early 2012 and will encompass the issues raised.

Thanks for that Brooklyn. Does that mean that the amendment that was being drafted for allowing the remortgage option in the Residential Tenancies Bill (not sure if thats the exact name) is now cancelled? I cant keep up anymore!!

The bill hasn't been drafted yet, I imagine the review is taking place in the context of drafting it.

Affordable Housing

I'm bought an apartment through the AF scheme in DLRCO. I paid €300k for it and now it's worth €210k (at a push). What happens with Clawback if I sell? Are there any options available to me? I can't live in the apartment forever (when i have family etc).

I'm bought an apartment through the AF scheme in DLRCO. I paid €300k for it and now it's worth €210k (at a push). What happens with Clawback if I sell? Are there any options available to me? I can't live in the apartment forever (when i have family etc).

No clawback if you sell for below what you paid for it. You are still liable for the full amount of whatever you still owe on the mortgage, though.

Hi Id like to go with 100% mortgage with DCC Im SO at the moment,they are sending out the forms.What do I have to look out for on these forms I read something about redmination(not sure if thats the word) figures?Sorry for my ignorance but really don't understand that part.Is it not just a case of filling out the forms paying a fees and then its my house 100%?I have SO for 25 yrs done 6 so far do DCC add more years on to morgage?Thanks in advance

Back