Selling Affordable Home with tenants

sinnerman

Hi,
I have an affordable home purchased in 2007. A few years ago I looked for consent to rent it out as circumstances changed. It was refused. I decided to do it anyway and haven't had any issues. I've decided to sell it and the its sale agreed, conditions of sale is keeping tenants and furniture. This will be in contracts. Council still think I live there. If the council find out are they likely to kick up a fuss?

Have you registered with PRTB? Payed the tax you owe on the rental income? May be more than the council coming after you.

The clawback only unwinds completely in year 20.How do you figure that you don't owe any?

Last edited:
What does your solicitor say?
Does the details of the tenants have to be in the contract? Can there not just be one contract for the sale and another relating to the sitting tenants?

The council may well have confirmed that if you achieve x price which is lower than the discounted purchase price,then no clawback is due,because that is factually correct.
However,have the council confirmed in your case that the price achieved is acceptable to their valuers particularly as a sitting tenant would normally depress the sale price?(to the council's detriment if the open market price would trigger a clawback)

Back