Selling a site

focus

My father is selling a site on the farm, the person that is buying the site has outline planning permission, but it is put on hold, because the planner wants to stop anymore planning on the farm after this site is sold and my father has to sign a form sterilising the land for 5 years. My two brothers will want sites in the next year also for planning, so in order for them to apply for planning my father will have to abandon the sale of the site we are told, was thinking though if he put the field in my name, its me that has to sign the form sterlising this field and freeing up the rest of the land for my brothers land. How does this sound ?

I have a particular interest in this topic as i work close to such matters. The agreement in respect of the whole land-holding. There is no such thing as a sterilisation agreement on a 0.75 acre site! You can't have your cake and eat it- why are you not taking the current site? What county are based in and i can advise further? Is it in the Midlands?

My friend has a chance of buying a site in meath-to house a horse for the forseeable future--it is zoned agricultural and has laneway access.. the person selling it, is very anxious that my friend does not build a house on it--nor does my friend desire to do so at this stage..Has anyone any idea how to go about this? is it necessary to get planning permission to open a gateway to the lane? what price should it cost to buy this .5 acre in meath, zoned agricultural???? And in the future is it ever possible to get planning permission on such a site (seller is old and perhaps one day my friend might like to build) and there are several houses built along the laneway in recent years-mostly by family members of the farmer who owns the land. Where should my friend go for help with what to pay, how to measure, -architect? solicitor? planning authority in Meath? estate agent?-(seller v anxious to avoid the latter). and ideas on how to proceed greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

We are in Cork County and we are in a green belt zone. We can only sell a site to a person how has a housing need, this is the only way we can generate money from the site.

Well this is going to be a difficult one. The whole idea is that the council want to restrict development in your area.

One option is to sign the Section 47 agreement and later plead a case to the council of hardship resulting due to the fact that you and your family cannot receive permission for yourselves. Do you understand? i.e. in a few months you yourself or your brother/ sister apply for permission (after selling this current site)

Get back or private me if you need more info.

Isn't the idea of signing a section 47 agreement that you have to sterilise the land for 5 years or more, once you sign your name thats it.
If we plead a case to the council of hardship resulting due to the fact that our family cannot receive permission for ourselves I am sure that the Cork Planners will just tell us to get lost.
The person that is buying the site the final date is March 19th for us to say yes or no to the planning. If my Father signed two sites over to my brothers before March 19th would they be able to apply for planning in the near future, Is the sterilisation of the farm from the maps that were sent in first day.

Another option may be to transfer the sites into the other family members names. This way they are now the legal owners of the sites and will be applying for planning permission on their own behalf. Your parents would have no legal interest in the sites and as such would not have to sign anything...

Back