Self assessment - how much for accountant service?

kkelly77

I worked as a contracted employee for a company for part of 2011 and 2012. I invoiced the company on a weekly basis calculated on number of hours worked.

Prior to this working arrangement, I have always been a PAYE employee and have no experience in organising my own taxes. As such, I am looking for assistance in calculating and paying tax owed for my work for 2011 & 2012. How much should I expect to pay an accountant for their services? I assume my requirements are pretty straight forward. Thanks for your help.

First don't confuse the issue you are a self employed contractor.

Expect to pay €300 - €500 plus VAT you will have a set of accounts for 12 months or the period if you have ceased and 2 tax returns,

Well Joe_90's comment implies I shouldn't refer to myself as a self employed contractor, so that has me a little confused.

I think maybe he could have punctuated it better but I don't think that's what Joe said, try it again with a punctuation mark!

First don't confuse the issue - you are a self employed contractor.

You referred to yourself in the OP as a contracted employee who invoiced the company rather than being on payroll and paying tax through PAYE. Joe was simply explaining that you cannot be an employee unless you are on PAYE.

I think maybe he could have punctuated it better but I don't think that's what Joe said, try it again with a punctuation mark!

You referred to yourself in the OP as a contracted employee who invoiced the company rather than being on payroll and paying tax through PAYE. Joe was simply explaining that you cannot be an employee unless you are on PAYE.

I understand :D

What a difference a hyphen makes.

Back