SEI HES home insulation grant scheme

• Thread starter White cloud
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

White cloud

Hello,

I've applied for and got a grant for external wall insulation from the SEI under the new HES scheme and am wondering if there is anything i should be aware of with this scheme.

My house is cavity block and unsuitable for internal wall insulation, there are several types of external wall insulation available and i'm wondering which one is best?

Are there any tips or pitfalls that I should know about, the Declaration of Works form is pretty minimal... I have a contractor selected and due for a visit and am just wondering if anyone else has gone through with insulation work under this scheme...?

My house has a pebble dash finish that isn't secure (some has come away already) will this have to be pull off to secure external wall insulation over it?

Thanks for any info
W

whitecloud...

its my understanding that the installer can only use a EWI system that has an IAB cert... and as far as i know theres only 3 systems out there with an IAB cert...

weber, sto and parexlahabra....

so your installer will have to use this (i think)

have you got any info from SEI to state this?

Closing thread due to excessive mod time removing advertising. Please seek/post recommendations in the correct forum.
Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back