Seeking opinion on buying apartment as an investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinmar

Hi

1.Would it be smart to buy nice apartmant in city center(of town you live and know)on foreclosure court auctions and flip it or plan B rent it(long term or day renting).. obviously all it takes is cash at disposal which I have.. I mean if you buy it for 1/3 of the price-very good, for 1/2 of the price -good but even 30% below market value is good enough, if property is good.
I know that you need barister and real estat agent as backup, that sometimes properties need renovation, that you need to be familiar with market...but cmon, in city center in my town there are few aprtmants valued 300 000 EUR, but starting price on auction is 180 000, now what i really want to know is how many persons attend auction and can the price really go up in the sky, even higher than original valuation.I think that statistically one should get a bargain if you attend 10+auctions..

2.Subway franchise
In my country recent comeback, I wonder is it madness to invest 100 000 EUR or not?
I think that 3 years of solid business can prvide roi but others say that it is too long period ?
If you have 150 000 EUR and maybe 20% of clean profit=30 000 EURx3 years=90 000 EUR and for me this is even optimistic scenario?

I have recently sold house,27 years old and now looking where to invest or not money...

Oh dear the shoe-shine men are at it again. Sell sell sell ........ The burst is nigh !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back