Seeking German speaking accountant/book-keeper ?

Perplexed

Does anybody have a contact that can do German Tax returns ? I would be grateful for any recommendations.

Many thanks to you both.
Snowdrop, I've sent a query off to Thomas Zitelsberger. PM me if you have need of him yourself & I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Snowdrop,
I hope Im not breaking the guidelines in suggesting that you drop their sister company a line regarding german property tax [broken link removed]

You'll probably find them a lot cheaper. They charge circa €250 to sort out property taxes. Im sure you'll look around either way but its for nothing.

Why are you recommending a company and then its sister company? Have you used them? If not, why the recommendation? Have you a connection you wish to disclose?

Fair enough,
A colleague of mine works with the taxback group, i have personally used them to get superannuation back from Oz, and I know he wouldnt be working with them if they werent a good company plus I also know that thousands of people use them every year. On top of this I suggested that snowdrop drops them a line as Im sure snowdrop will find out quickly enough

Thanks for the ideas. I think we will look up all the different ideas & then make up our own minds as to which to go with.

Well Thomas charges €350 plus vat & Property Tax international charges €285 + vat so the second seems the better deal - regardless of affiliations !

Seeing as I have property in a few countries I'm trying to see if they'll do a multiple deal.

My daughter used Taxback.com for reclaiming Australian tax a few yrs back & she found them good, so I've no complaints.

Thanks for the ideas. I think we will look up all the different ideas & then make up our own minds as to which to go with.

Well Thomas charges €350 plus vat & Property Tax international charges €285 + vat so the second seems the better deal - regardless of affiliations !

Seeing as I have property in a few countries I'm trying to see if they'll do a multiple deal.

My daughter used Taxback.com for reclaiming Australian tax a few yrs back & she found them good, so I've no complaints.

€77 saving. Surely the quality of the work is more important!

Surely you're not assuming because its cheaper its inferior and Ive been informed its 285 vat inclusive so its actually cheaper.

I have to agree with simplyjoe about the quality of work as i have previously stated on AAM i did not have a good experience with taxback.

You seem to have ultimate faith in your friend keentoinvest.........

'peanuts and monkeys comment'
Thats just an ignorant cliche serving very little purpose.

I dont know if id say ultimate faith but an irish company that grows to over 300 staff in over 20 locations providing tax refund services to over 100,000 people annually, its gotta be doing something right

Keentoinvest I'm going to try them anyway.
They have impressed me more than the other recommendation regardless of price. I also feel the other crowd may be better for people actually living & working in Germany than for property investors.
I sent off a query & got a very prompt informative & helpful reply to my many questions.
I'm a Qualified Financial Advisor myself so I know a thing or two about tax - it's just the language that's a barrier for me & some of the differences with another jurisdiction.

'peanuts and monkeys comment'
Thats just an ignorant cliche serving very little purpose.

I dont know if id say ultimate faith but an irish company that grows to over 300 staff in over 20 locations providing tax refund services to over 100,000 people annually, its gotta be doing something right

I agree - my cliche was ignorant - apologies.

My point is that posters cannot simply value the advice being given by reference to the price being paid to the advisor. Likewise I agree that dear does not always mean good. This has already been demonstrated by people referring to contradictory advice being received from professionals in the accounting and law fields.
Similarly tax advice being given by the tax office is not to be trusted. Everything they tell you needs to be verified. Despite what the Chairman of the Revenue Commissioners tells you I have been misinformed on numerous occassions by the tax offices - all sections.

Back