Seed Capital Scheme.

C

capaill

Hi Folks

Having recently started my own business I am in the process of trying to ensure that I have enough cash to keep me going until business starts to take off. Reading the papers today I see that the EU has approved the Seed Capital Scheme. Can anyone advise if this is of benefit to a small company offering IT Consulting services?

Rather get answers now that waste time trawling through paperwork etc.

Thanks

C

Hmmm.. given that the BES limit is €1m do you not think it is worth having a look?

The main focus would be:
- employment assistance from Enterprise Ireland;
- export focus

or you could build a holiday hostel as Bord Failite are more encouraging than Enterprise Ireland.

Try basis

Rainyday And Wizard

Thanks for the replies and the links

Regards

C

Has this scheme now closed ? The links refer to it being open until the end of 2003.

Does it only offer refunds of income tax paid in Ireland ? Or can one also get a refund of income tax paid in another EU state ?

The Great C Mc Creevy ..announced its extension to 2007, and the boys in Brussels thought it might count as 'State Aid' and eventually cleared it end of October.

Basically the maximum individual claim is €31,750 per year.

Its a deduction against 'all income' as far as I know, but is hardly viable unless the deduction is against 42% liabilities in a lot of cases.

Call enterprise Ireland in Glasnevin and see if they can help.
There are funds announced quite often and each one can have different criteria so having a chat with someone who knows the ins and outs might save you some time.

For example, I know their RTI (research technology and innovation) fund is under-subscribed and they are looking for firms to give money to, though you must fall close to, if not within, the criteria.

They might tell you to shag off, but it's worth a call...

Thanks purple, will follow up on that. It won't be the first nor the last time someone will tell me to shag off<g>

C

Back