security question

galway_blow_in

ok so probably not advisable but i sent a ( 2000 euro ) bank draft made payable to a lawnmower dealer in northern ireland nine days ago ( they are a sizeable outfit ), he confirmed by text that he had received it last wednesday and told me the ride on mower would arrive two days ago , didnt arrive monday so i called him , he told me he left it at his couriers yard last friday and that it should arrive today at the latest ( has not arrived as of yet ) , his reasons for wanting me to post the draft was that he sends his stuff to dublin via a courier and it goes from there with someone else and that this courier who would deliver to my place would not handle cash - money , im saving about 300 euro on this purchase compared to similar dealers in the south

my question , should this guy turn out to be unreliable and should i have to pursue matters , is a bank draft a cut and dried form of security ?

I would have thought its security to you both, its proof you paid. Bank drafts always get the nerve ends tingling, the slightest error and its a nightmare to correct.

spoke to the guy today , hard to make out , blaming couriers and a real amateur style , not impressed , too early to start making threats , if someone means to defraud , not like telling them over the phone you intend to pursue matters will change them , im promised to have it by friday but its poor form

Back