secure storage

S

s

My parents paid off their mortgage over 5 years ago and they recently received their land registry deeds.
Their solicitor has stopped storing important documents like these as they have run out of space. But the office girl told my mother to keep them safe as it could take years to replace the deeds again if they got damaged.

Is there anywhere that would store docs like these in a secure, fire proof environment in the Galway area?
Not sure if irish banks have deposit box facilities!!

txs
s

My parents bought a safe in Argos recently for this very purpose.

We all assume that Title Deeds are always vital. In fact that is not always necessarily the case.

Land Registry property title is folio only so if you own a relatively old Land Registry property with
1. No Planning issues ( i.e. built before 1963 and never extended)
2. No tax issues - no deaths or gifts on title
3. No marital issues

then title is proved by the copy folio only or, if has issued, the Land Certificate ( a sort of copy folio).

In these circumstances, you don't need and won't have any other title deeds, so no storage issues.

I accept that these would be a minority of cases but its worth just having your solicitor flick through the deeds to see what if anything is necessary and irreplaceable and what could be binned.

mf

Back