Second interview - presentation

upgrader

Hello

I have been called for a second interview,where I have to give a presentation to an Accountant in Corporate Head Office.The Corporate office is in France (but my place of work will be in Ireland) and the presentation is required manily because it would be a better way of presenting myself because of the language difference.

Any suggestions for the format of the presentation or can anyone direct me to sample templates.I think it would be similar to a CV,but not sure.

Thanks!

well if you could throw some french and be able to answer basic questions in french I could see that as having a big impact.

Have the HR not given you guidelines for the presentation? length / format / content?

They already have your CV and they are calling you for a second interview, so they already think you are suitably qualified and could do the job. I'd say your goal is to connect with them and show them how well you could do it. I'd be tempted to go in without a prepared presentation, ask them what a typical work project would be, and then walk them through how you might handle it, using a whiteboard etc. if appropriate. Prompt them with questions for clarification and to keep them involved. If you can get them into a dialogue rather than reading information that they already have, I think they will be impressed.

Then again, I've never been asked to do a presentation for an interview, and this may be risky if they expect a formal presentation. And the language barrier might frustrate things. Try and get more clarification as Fintan suggests. You could play it both ways by going in with the prepared presentation but planning to go "off script" as described. Even "on-script", you could have some slides detailing how you've handled projects or situations in the past that you think are likely to form part of your work in the company.

I would imagine that you would want to definitely be prepared for this by having a written demonstration - possibly using powerpoint or macromedia flash (powerpoint is probably fine.) First - fine out what the subject of the presentation is to be - is it about yourself and why you are good for the job, is it a test presentation relating to the type of work that you may be doing. Phone HR department and ask them for further info. I guess the regular types of rules apply in that you would 'tell them what you're going to say' , 'say it' and then 'tell them what you've just said' - so basically an intro , the presentation and then a re-cap. You may also want to find out about the delivery of the presentation.. Do you need to create slides , can you bring a disk with the information , do you need to bring your own laptop, additional copies of the presentation? I would think that you would want it to be as professional as possible, if you 'overdo' it then I don't think that's an issue but it's best to be prepared as the presentation itself would probably go much smoother and you'll be able to deal with questions as they arise or leave some time at the end to allow for Q&A - best of luck !!

Back