Second income

A

alldone

Can anybody explain the issues around having a second job tax wise? I went for 1 job evenings etc and they said its against the law to have two jobs as you would be paying 100% tax. Is this right? Can somebody explain this further?Surely if you want to work you should not be penalised to such ane extent?

I went for 1 job evenings etc and they said its against the law to have two jobs as you would be paying 100% tax. Is this right?

No, it's complete nonsense...obviously if you've used up your tax-credits/allowances in the first job you'll be paying tax on all of the income from the second job but that's just common sense.

The tax issue is nonsense, but there may be an issue with the Working Time Act, which limits the average number of hours you work a week, across all employments.

I agree the 100% tax idea is a nonsense.

regarding the hour limitations, what about self employment ? or part time self employment ?

I agree the 100% tax idea is a nonsense.

regarding the hour limitations, what about self employment ? or part time self employment ?

The organisation of working time legislation is more of a protection for employees rather than a barrier to voluntary extra work...don't let it specifically bother you if you're considering doing some extra work.

Back