Seattle/Vancouver

S

Swoon0

Hi,

Heading here in September - anybody got any hotel/eating recomendations ?

Thanks

Any rashers to declare.

Flew in to Seattle about 5 years ago and drove to Vancouver from there. A really beautiful scenic drive across the apple orchards of North America. In Seattle we stayed at the Camlin Hotel. I won't recommend this hotel as it was very basic but maybe look it up anyhow as it was conveniently located and may be reasonably priced, if that's what you are looking for. Great city, visit the flower and fish market areas. You can also take a one day tour to Victoria from here, Butchart Gardens a must. Avoca Handweavers even has a shop here.
In Vancouver we stayed at The Century Plaza Hotel. A well located hotel, again a basic hotel but O.K. Vancouver is great, The Capilano Suspension Bridge a must, Granville Island, Gastown, Stanley Park. Of the two Vancouver has the edge.
As a footnote I must say I found the U.S. immigration at Seattle Airport, rude, indifferent and very superior. They even asked was I carrying any "rashers". Far from rashers was I reared!!

Vancouver

Was there a couple of weeks ago. For eating/drinking I'd recommend the Steam Brewing Company - www.steamworks.com/ , and the Yaletown brewing Company,- www.markjamesgroup.com/re...etown.html

We stayed in the Rosedale on Robson - very nice. The published price for that hotel is hugely expensive but as we booked it as part of a complete holiday including flights and motorhome rental it was about £29 pppn - still not particularily cheap I know, but we only stayed for 4 nights, and this was one of our 'big' holidays :)

Thanks people, hopefully we'll get a place to stay/eat !!!!

I Like the rashers story - Was the guys mother, or perhaps, great great great great great grandmother Irish ?? !!!!

Camlin Hotel

Guess what grizzly -

"THE CAMLIN HOTEL HAS CLOSED.

The Camlin Hotel, a historic Seattle landmark since 1926, is now closed. Purchased in 2003 by Trendwest Resorts, Inc., the Camlin is being restored to its former opulence as one of the premiere timeshare properties in the Trendwest family of vacation destinations."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else got any "Things not to miss" for these two locations ?

Back