Seatown West, Glen Ellen and Kinsealy

homer-j

Hi

We are looking around Swords at houses and have seen some that look nice in Garton Court in Seatown West but don't know much about the area. From Google Earth it looks like there might be a sewage works nearby - is it still active and if so do you get the smell from it or does the wind off the estuary carry it inland?

We've also seen a few around the Glen Ellen area near Applewood and Kinsealy.

Can anyone give us any info on these areas please?

Swords sewage plant is very much alive and kickin!....not sure if it gives an odour problem now - it did before it got upgraded i'm pretty sure but that was a good few years back.......where in kinselay are u lookin at? Glen Ellan is nice enough spot...have you looked at melesian court near kinsealy also? nice estate....or highfields off forest road...but garton is also grand spot

Hi

Thanks for replying.

In Kinsealy there's one in Abbey Well and others on Ashdale Close, Birchdale Road, Aspen Drive, Hollywell Garden and Melrose Park. Unfortunately we don't know the area so need advice on where to aviod if at all possible?

Glen Ellan looked nice - open and bright but we've heard mixed things about Applewood which is making us err on the side of caution a bit.

I've not seen anything on Melesian Court or Highfields, I'll have another look.

The houses down Garton seem nice and there's a few for sale but it looks poked in between the M1 and the sewage plant. But if the smell is gone then that's one thing we won't have to worry about!

Stay well away from Hollywell and Abbeywell, and River valley.

Kinsealy is a great place but transport might be an issue

Gratan is grand though along with Millisean

I have viewed some houses in Gratan myself, and haven't noticed a smell, but the sewage place is around the corner

Nice spot though. Quiet

Good luck

There are actually 2 Glen Ellan estates in Swords. One opposite the old Motorola/Celestica factory (now home of Sporting Fingal) and a newer one in the Glen Ellan Pines estate which is just up from the round about to Applewood Village. Both Glen Ellans are quite good, nice big greens for kids, close to local shops, pub and restaurants in Applewood Village. JCs supermarket around the corner. Applewood itself is mainly made up of apartments while Glen Ellan is mainly 3 and 4 bed semi-d or detached. Hope this is of help. Live in the area so any more advice needed just PM me.

Thanks for the info folks.

We had a look at the houses down on Gartan and they seemed really nice, still a bit concerned about the sewage works and the M1 flyover.

The houses up on Glen Ellen (Pines?) seem really nice too. It seems a very quiet area.

Back