Seat Ateca SUV

galway_blow_in

has anyone driven or does anyone own one of these suv,s

took a test drive in a manual a fortnight ago but the one which interested me was a 2017 demo DSG automatic , salesman informed me the owner of the dealership was currently using it so i could not view it on the day , i currently drive a commercial toyota landcruiser but we have another baby on the way so this will leave me short a seat if my other half is not around ( she drives a focus sized hatchback )

seat finance is very keen at 2.9% through PCP with a 20% up front deposit , ive owned my land cruiser a good few years and do like the high driving position , besides the price on the ateca is really no more than on any family sized saloon

I havent driven one, but they look fantastic. As do the new Skoda SUV's. Any of these "softroaders" will be a very different drive from the LandCruiser

I havent driven one, but
they look fantastic. As do the new Skoda SUV's. Any of these "softroaders" will be a very different drive from the LandCruiser

i find the landcruiser very comfortable believe it or not , i do a fair bit of off roading as my brother has a farm but in reality , its not essential, the new skoda kodiaq is indeed very nice

im wondering however if the likes of a skoda superb is a better bet , more comfortable to drive , its hard to say goodbye to the elevated driving position , i drive my other halfs car now and again and its a bit of a shock

Last edited:
I agree with you, Ive had 3 Santa Fe's and an Outlander, I find driving a regular car very low now.
The Superb is a lovely car, but I've hired a few Skoda's in the UK and I find their basic models very basic! And they have a very low driving position. It would be much lighter on fuel though.

I agree with you, Ive had 3 Santa Fe's and an Outlander, I find driving a regular car very low now.
The Superb is a lovely car, but I've hired a few Skoda's in the UK and I find their basic models very basic! And they have a very low driving position. It would be much lighter on fuel though.

im not a fan of VW for the most part but for the spec you get , the superb is still very good value

dealer selling the seat ateca was giving me a hell of a deal on a 2017 demo , top spec automatic for 8 k less than a new one , id have to sell my landcruiser first

tempting

Sounds like a good deal. The auto is a godsend if you are doing a lot of city driving

actually took another test drive a few days ago and was less impressed , when you are used to a three litre jeep , a two litre can seem a little underpowered

think il stick with what i have for another while

Back