Searching Land Registry For Landlord

Is it possible to search who the owner of an apartment is through Land Registry?

Yes. But if the property is not registered in the Land Registry, ownership will not show.
If there is a difficulty with the apartment, can you contact the Management Company? Or check with prtb?

mf

The management company is not authorised to give out any owners details for obvious reasons. The PRTB will help you but will want details as to why you need the owners details. If it is to do with tenants they will want to help as the PRTB are always on the tenants side!!!

The management company/agent won't give out details but definitely try the PRTB.

Why do you need to find the owner?

But as a member of a management company you are entitled to a list of all other members ie all owners.

But as a member of a management company you are entitled to a list of all other members ie all owners.

That's true. It depends if the person seeking the information is a tenant or other owner and probably the latter is the case.

Thanks MF

The apartments are over 8 years old and as far as I know were never released for sale. They are all rented out though but only 2 is listed on the PRTB register.

The developer still controls the complex but has not looked for management fees for the last 8 years, no bills or agm, nothing. I'm trying to find as much information as I can.

If the apartments were not sold does this mean they won't be registered with land registry? Would this be a reason they are not listed on the PRTB site?

Yes. But if the property is not registered in the Land Registry, ownership will not show.
If there is a difficulty with the apartment, can you contact the Management Company? Or check with prtb?

mf

Back